Sign up for Marketing MInutes E-Newsletter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

That's so saddddd

Even Americans who are lucky enough to have work in this economy are becoming more unhappy with their jobs, according to a new survey that found only 45 percent of Americans are satisfied with their work. According to the AP article, the recession is at least partly to blame:

· Fewer workers consider their jobs to be interesting.
· Incomes have not kept up with inflation.
· The soaring cost of health insurance has eaten into workers' take-home pay.

If the job satisfaction trend is not reversed, economists say, it could stifle innovation and hurt America's competitiveness and productivity. And it could make unhappy older workers less inclined to take the time to share their knowledge and skills with younger workers.

And yet, personally, this is a foreign concept to me. Whether working for myself - or someone else - I've also been passionate about my work. Maybe I've been blessed to have some really cool jobs (U.S. Senate campaign, Expert Witness referral company, international marketing firm) - or maybe I'm just able squeeze the best out of each opportunity. Either way, I consider myself very fortunate to put myself in the "satisfied" category ... nearly every single day.

So ... do you enjoy going to work every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment